Power2max Selection Help
1. Can I use my existing crank?
If you already have one of the following cranks you only need a power2max power meter and can use your existing crank:
- Rotor 3D or 3D24
- Rotor 3D+
- Rotor 3D30
- Cannondale Hollowgram Si / SiSL / SiSL2
- Specialized S-Works or FACT
- SRAM Force22
- SRAM Rival 22
- SRAM S900
If you currently have another crank you would need to purchase both the power meter and a crank.
2. Which model is right for me?
When choosing the right model you should keep the following in mind:
- Frame bottom bracket standard:
- BSA (with external bottom bracket) also called British Thread
- BB30/PF30 (bearings in the frame, 30 mm axle)
- BB86 (bearings in the frame, 24 mm axle).
- ITA (Italian Threaded)
- Crank length:
- Weight, design and budget:
3. Which Bolt Circle Diameter (BCD) should I choose?
Finally you need to choose which version of the power meter you want to use. A good starting point is to check what chain rings you currently have on your bike:
For road bikes:
You can choose between 110 BCD (Compact), 130 BCD (Standard)
- If you choose Compact (110) the smallest possible ring is 34 – good for mountains
- If you choose 130 BCD the smallest possible ring is 38 – better for flatter riding and time trialling
For mountain bikes:
You can choose between 1x and 2x configurations. The filter function will help you find the right version.
4. Which accessories do I need?
Finally you need to choose the right accessories:
- The right chain rings (important: check that you have the right BCD!)
- Chain ring bolts
- Corresponding bottom bracket (you will find information on compatible bottom brackets in the product description of each power meter)
- ANT+ compatible bike computer with power function (Garmin Edge 500 / 510 / 520 / 810 / 1000)
5. Install and start using
Once you have received your power2max you only need to install it and can start using it! In the support section you find a video explaining the installation process. Installing a power2max takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
Enjoy your new power2max